Numerical Methods for Time-Resolved Quantum Nanoelectronics [electronic resource] / by Joseph Weston
- Weston, Joseph
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- XIII, 138 pages 53 illustrations, 10 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Springer Theses, Recognizing Outstanding Ph.D. Research, 2190-5053
- Part I: Numerical Algorithms and Sotware for Time-Resolved Quantum Transport -- Introduction to Quantum Transport in the Time Domain -- Numerical Algorithms for Time-Resolved Quantum Transport -- Software Design -- Part II: Applications of the Numerical Algorithms -- Split Wire Flying Qubit -- Time-Resolved Dynamics of Josephson Junctions -- Manipulating Andreev and Majorana Resonances in Nanowires -- Conclusion.
- This thesis develops novel numerical techniques for simulating quantum transport in the time domain and applies them to pertinent physical systems such as flying qubits in electronic interferometers and superconductor/semiconductor junctions hosting Majorana bound states (the key ingredient for topological quantum computing). In addition to exploring the rich new physics brought about by time dependence, the thesis also develops software that can be used to simulate nanoelectronic systems with arbitrary geometry and time dependence, offering a veritable toolbox for exploring this rapidly growing domain.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 21315964