Advances in biblical Hebrew linguistics : data, methods, and analyses / edited by Adina Moshavi and Tania Notarius
- Linguistic studies in ancient West Semitic ; 12
- "In recent decades, the study of biblical Hebrew has profited enormously from the application of methodologies derived from general linguistics. During the 16th World Congress of Jewish Studies, Adina Moshavi and Tania Notarius organized sessions devoted to exploring new developments in biblical Hebrew linguistics, bringing together many of the world's experts in the field. The papers in this volume are based on research presented at those sessions, along with additional articles specifically written for this volume. The essays included here address topics in philology, language contact, text-linguistics and linguistic pragmatics, syntax, and applied linguistics. The collection showcases biblical Hebrew linguistics as a dynamic and innovative endeavor that is making important contributions to the study of the Bible, Hebrew language, and modern linguistics"--
- 9781575064819 hardcover alkaline paper and 1575064812 hardcover alkaline paper
- Based on papers presented at the 16th World Congress of Jewish Studies.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 21320215