The nature of spectacle : on images, money, and conserving capitalism / Jim Igoe
- Igoe, Jim, 1964-
- Tucson : The University of Arizona Press, 2017.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 161 pages : maps ; 23 cm.
- Introduction: the spectacle of nature and circuits of capitalism -- 1. Making, managing, and marketing East African nature -- 2. A landscape that functions ecologically and economically? -- 3. Seeing the world to save the world -- 4. Wise exchange, convention space, and transnational tournaments of value -- 5. Consume, connect, conserve -- 6. Some last(ing) stories and reflections.
- "A thoughtful treatise on how popular representations of nature, through entertainment and tourism, shape how we imagine environmental problems and their solutions"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780816530441 paperback alkaline paper
0816530440 paperback alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 21322839