Capabilities equality [electronic resource] : basic issues and problems / edited by Alexander Kaufman
- New York ; London : Routledge, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- x, 238 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Kaufman, Alexander, 1958-
- Routledge innovations in political theory ; 18
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction / Alexander Kaufman -- Distributive justice and basic capability equality : good enough is not good enough / Richard Arneson -- Capabilities as fundamental entitlements : Sen and social justice / Martha C. Nussbaum -- A sufficientarian approach? a note / Alexander Kaufman -- Capability vs. opportunity for well-being / Peter Vallentyne -- Capabilities and gender inequality / Timothy Hinton -- What goods do to (and for) people : duality and ambiguity in Sen's capability approach? / Alexander Kaufman -- Public debate and value construction in Sen's approach / Sabina Alkire -- Sen and deliberative democracy / David Crocker -- Attending to nature : capabilities and the environment / Victoria Kamsler -- Disability, capability, and thresholds for distributive justice / David Wasserman.
- 0415360552 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 21323846