The copyright wars [electronic resource] : three centuries of trans-Atlantic battle / Peter Baldwin
- Baldwin, Peter, 1956-
- Princeton, New Jersey : Princeton University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 535 pages ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : The agon of author and audience -- The battle between Anglo-American copyright and European authors' rights -- From royal privilege to literary property : a common start to copyright in the eighteenth century -- The ways part : copyright and authors' rights in the nineteenth century -- Continental drift : Europe moves from property to personality at the turn of the century -- The strange birth of moral rights in Fascist Europe -- The postwar apotheosis of authors' rights -- America turns European : the battle of the booksellers redux in the 1990s -- The rise of the digital public : the copyright wars continue in the new millennium -- Conclusion: Reclaiming the spirit of copyright.
- 9780691161822 (hbk. : alk. paper)
0691161828 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 413-512) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 21324353