Just who do we think we are? [electronic resource] : methodologies for autobiography and self-study in teaching / edited by Claudia Mitchell, Sandra Weber and Kathleen O'Reilly-Scanlon
- London ; New York : RoutledgeFalmer, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 246 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Mitchell, Claudia, Weber, Sandra, and O'Reilly-Scanlon, Kathleen
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Just who do we think we are--and how do we know this? : re-visioning pedagogical spaces for studying our teaching selves / Claudia Mitchell and Sandra Weber -- Self study through memory and the body -- The pedagogy of shoes : clothing and the body in self-study / Sandra Weber -- Heavy fuel : memoire, autobiography and narrative / Victoria Perselli -- Drawing as a research tool for self-study : an embodied method of exploring memories of childhood bullying / Catherine Derry -- Self-study through literary and artistic inquiry -- The monochrome frame : mural-making as a methodology for understanding 'self' / Max Biddulph -- Using pictures at an exhibition to explore my teaching practices / Mary Lynn Hamilton -- Self-study through an exploration of artful and artless experiences / Linda Szabad-Smyth -- Apples of change : arts-based methodology as a poetic and visual sixth sense / C.T. Patrick Diamond and Christine van Halen-Faber -- Inquiry through poetry : the genesis of self-study / Lynn Butler-Kisber -- Truth in fiction : seeing our rural selves / Tony Kelly -- Reflection, life history and self-study -- 'It was good to find out why' : teaching drama planning through a self-study lens / Linda L. Lang -- Speak for yourselves : capturing the complexity of critical reflection / Vicki Kubler LaBoskey -- Just where do I think I'm going? : working with marginalized and disaffected youths and their self-study / Katherine Childs -- Pathlamp : a self-study guide for teacher research / Carol A. Mullen and William A. Kealy -- Teaching about teaching : the role of self-study / Amanda Berry and John Loughran -- (Re)positioning the self in and through self-study -- The sand diaries : visions, vulnerability and self-study / Anastasia Kamanos Gamelin -- A queer path across the straight furrows of my field : a series of reflections / Mary Phillips Manke -- Self-study through narrative interpretation : probing lived experiences of educational privilege / Kathleen Pithouse -- 'White female teacher arrives in native community with trunk and cat' : using self-study to investigate tales of traveling White teachers / Teresa Strong-Wilson -- Starting with the self : reflexivity in studying women teachers' lives in development / Jackie Kirk.
- 0415298725 (alk. paper)
0415298733 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 21326482