Liberal democracy and environmentalism [electronic resource] : the end of environmentalism? / edited by Marcel Wissenburg and Yoram Levy
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 219 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Wissenburg, M. L. J. (Marcel L. J.) and Levy, Yoram, 1967-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The role of environmentalism : from the Silent Spring to the Silent Revolution / Gayil Talshir -- The faces of endism : post-ecologism and the politics of simulation / Ingolfur Blhdorn -- The end of environmentalism (as we know it) / Yoram Levy -- Little green lies : on the redundancy of 'environment' / Marcel Wissenburg -- Democracy and environmentalism : the end of deep ecology? - not quite / Mike Mills and Fraser King -- The environment versus individual freedom and convenience / Marius de Geus -- Precaution, scientization or deliberation? Prospects for greening and democratizing science / Karin Bckstrand -- The good and green society : ecology, democracy and autonomy : a problem of wishful thinking / Mathew Humphrey -- A precautionary approach / Meira Hanson -- Liberal democracy and the shaping of environmentally enlightened citizens / Graham Smith -- Perspectives and possibilities -- Sustainability and plurality : from the moderate end of the liberal equilibrium to the open end of a situated liberal neutrality / Dorothee Horstktter -- The minimum irreversible harm principle : green inter-generational liberalism / Michael Wallack -- From environmental politics to the politics of the environment : the pacification and normalization of environmentalism? / John Barry.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -211) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 21326712