The politics of contemporary Spain [electronic resource] / edited by Sebastian Balfour
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- x, 239 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Balfour, Sebastian
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : Spain since the transition to democracy / Sebastian Balfour -- From consensus to competition : the changing nature of democracy in the Spanish transition / Jonathan Hopkin -- The monarchy of Juan Carlos : from dictator's dreams to democratic realities / Paul Preston -- Corruption, democracy and governance in contemporary Spain / Paul M. Heywood -- Using terror against terrorists : the Spanish experience / Paddy Woodworth -- Terrorism and nationalist conflict : the weakness of democracy in the Basque Country / José Manuel Mata -- Convergència i unió, Catalonia and the new Catalanism / Andrew Dowling -- From national-Catholic nostalgia to constitutional patriotism : conservative Spanish nationalism since the early 1990s / Xosé-Manoel Núñez Seixas -- The reinvention of Spanish conservatism : the Popular Party since 1989 / Sebastian Balfour -- The Socialist Party in government and in opposition / Monica Méndez-Lago -- Between ambition and insecurity : Spanish politics and the Mediterranean / Richard Gillespie -- Spain in the new European Union : in search of a new role and identity / Mary Farrell.
- 0415356776 (hardback) and 0415356784 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 21327857