School commercialism [electronic resource] : from democratic ideal to market commodity / Alex Molnar
- Molnar, Alex
- New York : Routledge, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 177 p. ; 21 cm.
- Positions : education, politics, and culture
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Every child a consumer -- The sky's the limit: trends in schoolhouse marketing since 1990 -- Eat, drink, and be diabetic: using schools to promote illness -- Controlling the masses vs. liberating them: Edward Bernays and John Dewey considered -- Whittle or virtually nothing: the emergence of Edison schools and knowledge universe -- Futures trading: buying and selling education in the global marketplace.
- 0415951313 (hb : alk. paper)
0415951321 (pb : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 21328546