The other in the school stories : a phenomenon in British children's literature / by Ulrike Pesold
- Pesold, Ulrike
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill Rodopi, 
- Physical Description:
- 266 pages ; 25 cm.
- Costerus new series, 0165-9618 ; volume 220
- From schoolbook to school story: a short introduction survey -- Tom Browns schooldays: the blueprint of the school story -- Stalky & Co.: the first anti-school story? -- A harum-scarum schoolgirl: introducing the Tomboy -- Malory towers: Tomboy revisited -- The worst witch: the advent of magic -- Witch week: an anti-witch school story -- Groosham Grange and return to Groosham Grange: a return to tradition -- Harry Potter: the great success
- 9789004341715 hardcover ; alkaline paper
9004341714 hardcover ; alkaline paper
- Based on author's thesis (doctoral)--Universität, Regensburg.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 247-255) and index.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 21330332