Soviet-Bloc Research in Geophysics, Astronomy, and Space. No. 174 [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1968.
- Physical Description:
- 198 pages : figures
- Soviet-bloc research in geophysics, astronomy, and space (1961-1975) ; JPRS-44416
- Obituary of A. I. Lebedinskiy by Ya. I. F. -- Star Cluster Atlas Produced by Kourovka Observatory by V. Sintsov -- New Star Temperature Scale -- Shklovskiy Explains Origin of Natural Masers in Interstellar Space by Corresponding Member of the Academy of Sciences USSR, I. Shklovskiy -- Kazakh SSR Academy of Sciences Establishes New Astronomical Facility -- Geabyul'-Dag Outpost of Ashkhabad Observatory Doing Meteor Studies by A. Tribushnyy -- All-Union Astronomical and Geodetic Society Contributes to Science by M. M. Dagayev, V. V. Radziyevskiy -- Efficiency of Two-Chamber Image Converter by L. N. Korol', L. V. Ksanfomaliti -- Celestial Mechanics and Astrodynamics by Ye. P. Aksenov -- Session of Commission on Planetary Physics by M. M. Pospergelis -- Documented Studies of the Planet Mercury by Yu. N. Vetukhnovskaya, A. D. Kuz'min -- Study Confirms Physical Parameters of Planet Pluto by R. I. Kiladze -- Photometric Systems of Meteor Measurement Compared by I. N. Kovshun -- The Moscow Observatory Photographic Zenith Tube by D. N. Ponomarev -- Position of Sources of Noise Storms Relative to Optical Formations on the Solar Disk by L. [Illegible] Yurovskaya -- Type-II Bursts Accompanied by Type-IV Bursts by G. F. Yeliseyev, L. I. Yurovskaya -- Microsurges of Radio-Frequency Radio Emission of Sun by Yu. F. Yurovskiy -- Precise Measurements of Radio Emission by the Quiet Sun by V. M. Plechkov -- Observations of Solar Eclipse of 20 May 1966 by Yu. F. Yurovskiy -- Scattering of Solar Lyman-alpha Radiation by Chromospheric Filament by N. A. Yakovkin, M. Yu. Zel'dina -- Luminescence of Hydrogen and CaII in Flares by L. N. Kurochka, V. A. Ostapenko -- A Satellite Model of a System of Three Bodies by B. K. Martynenko -- Satellite Model of a Three-Body System by B. K. Martynenko -- Constant Velocity Motion of a Point of Variable Mass by I. F. Vereshchagin, N. A. Rep'yakh -- Analysis of CO Equilibrium in Solar Atmosphere by M. Ch. Pande -- Dissociation of Carbon Monoxide Molecules in Solar Photosphere by G. F. Sitnik, M. Ch. Pande -- Reporters Describe Geophysical Work Conducted at Obninsk by L. Kornilov, V. Yankulin -- Polish Meteorological Rocket -- Devices to Collect and Photograph Hail by G. S. Voronov -- Formation of Cumulus Clouds Over Mountains by A. G. Balabuyev -- Possible Mechanism of the Formation of Ball Lightning by V. A. Gubichev -- Certain Problems of the Theory of Free and Forced Convection by B. N. Trubnikov -- Effectiveness of Experiments in Seeding of Cumuliform Clouds by V. G. Morachevskiy, M. M. Kokhanovich, V. V. Lyubchenko -- Mechanized Selection of Analogs for Synoptic Conditions by G. V. Lenova -- Numerical Forecasting of the Pressure Field Using a Three-Level Model by S. Karimberdiyeva -- Acoustical Properties of Snow Associated with its State by V. I. Kompanovskiy, S. V. Kompanovskaya, M. A. Dolov -- Analysis of Hail Occurrences in Georgia by A. G. Balabuyev -- Photogrammetric Observations of Convective Clouds by A. G. Balabuyev -- Attenuation of Solar Radiation in Ozone by K. A. Tavartkiladze, N. I. Chitadze, F. F. Davitaya -- A Study of Atmospheric Electricity by I. M. Imyanitov, Ya. M. Shvarts, S. I. Andreyeva, B. F. Yevteyev, I. I. Kamaldina, Yu. N. Malashenko -- Methodology of Long-Term Ice Forecasts by B. M. Ginzburg -- Determining Number of Atmospherics at Threshold Levels by S. Ye. Oguryayev -- Vertical Conduction Current in the Atmosphere by A. Kh. Filippov -- Method for Determining the Heat Balance Components by R. S. Lyapina, T. A. Ogneva -- Analysis of Interrelationship of Fronts and Tropopause by I. N. Ponomarenko -- Soviet Frogmen Explore Antarctic Waters by M. Propp -- Midnight Requisitions for Soviet Polar Drifting Station "SP-15".
Soviets Study Spawning Pollock in Japan Sea -- Hydrochemical Observations of Soviet-Cuban Expedition by F. V. Smirnov, N. N. Mikhaylov, V. V. Rossov -- Hydrographic Surveys by a Soviet-Cuban Expedition by V. V. Rossov, E. V. Santana -- Formation of the Oxygen Minimum Layer in the North Atlantic by V. A. Bubnov -- Eddy Currents in a Sea with Complicated Bottom Relief by Academician V. V. Shuleykin -- Determination of Wind Energy Transfer by Sea Waves by V. V. Yefimov -- Vertical Circulation of Water Masses in the Atlantic by L. N. Kuznetsova -- Temporal Fluctuation of Sound Signals Scattered by Sea Floor by Yu. P. Lyasanov -- Soviets Pacific Seismic Studies Ended -- New Device Aids Deep Drilling -- Soviet Underground Test -- A Seismograph for the Registry of Earthquakes by A. V. Rykov -- Instrument for Determining Vertical Gravity Gradient by L. G. Ivankin, V. V. Fedynskiy -- An Apparatus for Marking Absolute Time by V. B. Preobrazhenskiy -- Formulas for Galvanometric Registry of Kinetic Elements of Oscillatory by V. A. Tokmakov -- Use of High-Sensitivity Seismograph with Visible Recording by V. M. Fremd, V. V. Stepanov, M. P. Zarayskiy -- New and Better Instruments for Seismic Stations by Ye. S. Borisevich, D. P. Kirnos, D. A. Kharin -- Effect of Filter-Galvanometer Parameters on Frequency Characteristics by A. G. Moskvina -- Magnetometer with InSb Gauss Sensor by S. Sukhanov, V. P. Petinov, T. V. Yerzh -- Control of Gain of Aerial Gamma Spectrometers by G. A. Pleshivtsev -- Earthquake Prediction by Hydrogeological Methods by O. F. Venhrenivs'kyy, O. O. Falovs'kyy -- Use of Radioastronomical Methods in Measurements of Magnetic Field by M. M. Ivanov, B. M. Tsutskarev -- A Method for Determining Surface Temperature of the Soil by L. N. Guseva -- Increasing Quality Factor of GB-III Galvanometers by Ye. S. Borisevich, M. I. Yaroshevich -- Use of Seismoelectric Phenomena for Finding Ore Deposits by N. M. Neyshtadt -- A Method for Interpretation of Magnetic Anomalies by V. A. Nassonov -- Modernization of M-14 Magnetometer by B. A. Mosiyenko -- An Approach for Use in Seismic Microregionalization by Yu. A. Mamadaliyev, V. A. Nechayev -- Experience in Using Electromechanical Filters by G. G. Dashkov -- Transistorized Low-Frequency Amplifier by M. A. Zayonchkovskiy, I. M. Rozenberg -- The S5S Seismometer by B. G. Rulev -- Modification of GB-III Galvanometer for Seismic Use by A. V. Gel'm, M. I. Yaroshevich -- Determination of Electromagnetic Damping Factors for Galvanometers by A. G. Mysh, T. G. Mishukova -- Optimum Seismic Stations for Registry of Strong Earthquakes by Z. I. Aranovich, N. V. Shebalin -- Standardization of Seismograph Characteristics by Z. I. Aranovich, O. A. Korchagina, G. A. Kudryavtseva -- Use of Spectra of Near Earthquakes for Prediction of Seismic Effect by V. V. Shteynberg -- Methods for Increasing the Depth of Cross Sections in Seismic Studies by Yu. F. Matusevich, V. I. Priyma -- Diurnal Variations of Magnetic Activity in Middle Latitudes by I. M. Zaalishvili -- Interpretation of Anomalies in Underground Gravimetric Prospecting by L. S. Pritsker -- Some Problems in Seismic Wave Dynamics by Ye. M. Butovskaya, R. A. Bagdasarov, Sh. A. Dzhunisov, N. Kh. Plotnikova, V. A. Sitnikova -- Search for Lead and Zinc in the Karatau by G. P. Konovalov, V. S. Matveyev -- Study of the Natural Electromagnetic Field in an Iron-Ore Deposit by G. V. Orlov, Yu. S. Naboko -- Evaluating Position Accuracy for a Geodetic Net by A. I. Kobylin -- Maps of Seismic Regionalization of USSR by S. V. Medvedev -- Forewarning of an Afghan Earthquake of 1965 by E. Ya. Starkova -- Geomagnetic Field Pulsations in Years of Minimum Solar Activity by Ya. M. Gogatishvili -- Elementary Theory of Spheroidal Oscillations of Earth by V. N. Zhakov -- Method of processing of Hodographs of Diffracted Waves by R. K. Makharadze -- Quantitative Determination of Reliability of Discrete Correlation by A. G. Lur'yev -- Evaluation of Elastic Properties of Rock Masses by A. I. Savich -- Determination of Earthquake Frequency from Seismic Activity Maps by V. N. Gayskiy -- Regularity in the Occurrance of Strong Earthquakes by V. I. Keylis-Borok, L. N. Malinovskaya.
Study of Shallow Depths Using Portable Seismic Station by V. S. Muzylev -- Geological Engineering Surveys Over Regions of Water Surface by A. V. Kalinin, V. V. Kalinin, M. Kh. Fataliyev -- Charting Bedrock Relief in Permafrost Regions by Ye. M. Anisimov, B. M. Sedov -- Correlation of Seismic Waves in Vertical Seismic Profiling by Ye. I. Gal'perin -- Application of Correlation Method of Seismic Signal Recording by V. A. Grodzenskiy, V. G. Kozlova -- Error Distribution in Triangulation Surveys by V. G. Nazarenko -- New Method for Evaluating Earthquake Characteristics by A. S. Malamud -- Use of Seismic Activity Maps for Earthquake Prediction by V. N. Gaiskiy -- Crustal Structure of Central Asia by B. S. Vol'vovskiy, I. S. Vol'vovskiy, A. V. Yegorkin, V. Z. Ryabov -- TASS Announces Launch of "Kosmos-198" -- TASS Reports Launching of "Kosmos-199" -- Atmospheric Optics Studies Essential to Successful Reconnaisance by Prof. K. Ya. Kondrat'yev -- Cosmonaut Popovich Discusses Space Achievements of 1967 by TASS correspondent G. Kudryavtseva, cosmonaut P. R. Popovich -- Mars Landing Not Expected Before Last Decade of Twentieth Century by Yu. Marinin -- Yegerov Awarded Candidate of Medical Sciences Degree -- Marinin Lists Problems of Flight to Distant Planets by APN Science Reporter Yuriy Marinin -- Feoktistov Discusses Future Spacecraft Design by Pilot-Cosmonaut K. P. Feoktistiv -- System to Provide Near-Weightlessness on Flying Observatory by V. S. Lemeshko, K. A. Adarichev, S. B. Lemeshko, Yu. N. Romanchenko -- Heat-Exchange Agent for Spaceship Cooler-Radiator by O. N. Favorskiy -- Artificial Space Objects -- Summary of New Investigations in Space -- Observations of Scattered Lyman-α Radiation in Earth's Neighborhood and in Interplanetary Medium by V. G. Kurt -- Diurnal Variation of Profile of Concentration of Charged Particles by Yu. A. Bragin -- Variation of Relative Number of Proton Bursts by L. [Illegible] Levitskiy -- On Programming Radiation Nomograms by G. N. Kostyanoy -- Mechanism of Emission in the Decimeter Range During Solar Flare by L. Krivskiy, Yu. I. Neshpor -- Optimal Motion of a Point of Variable Mass Between Two Configurations by I. F. Vereshchagin -- Determination of Ionization Recombination Parameters in F2 Layer by V. M. Polyakov, T. B. Shudina -- Counters for Detecting Neutron Component of Cosmic Radiation by L. V. Granitskiy, A. V. Sergeyev -- Propagation of Solar Wind and Shock Wave From Solar Flare by A. S. Dvoryashin -- Study of Cosmic Ray Intensity Variation by G. V. Kuklin, A. A. Luzov, A. I. Pezhemskiy -- Continuous VLF Radiation of the Upper Atmosphere by Ye. F. Vershinin -- Correlation of Primary and Secondary Cosmic Ray Variations by V. A. Kovalenko -- Observation of Vertically Moving Ionospheric Disturbances by V. I. Drobzhev, V. Ye. Zelenkov -- Classification of Continuous VLF Emission by Ye. F. Vershinin, Ye. A. Ponomarev -- Continuous VLF Emission in Auroral Region by Ye. A. Ponomarev, Ye. F. Vershinin, V. I. Shapayev -- Generation of Electromagnetic Radiation by Shock Wave at Boundary of Magnetosphere by M. S. Kovner, L. M. Obolenskiy -- Data on Cosmic Ray Anisotropy by A. I. Pezhemskiy, A. V. Sergeyev -- Method for Determining Dimensional Orientation of Overdense Meteor Trails by V. V. Sidorov -- Radio Wave Absorption Coefficient in Ionosphere by E. L. Kuz'min -- Diffusion of Electron-Ion Gas in the F2 Layer of Ionosphere by V. M. Polyakov -- Sudden Changes of Cosmic Ray Intensity by M. V. Alaniya, L. I. Dorman, V. K. Koiava, V. G. Koridze, [Illegible] Kh. Shatashvili -- Ionospheric Inhomogeneity and Motions Over Alma-Ata by V. I. Drobzhev, V. Ye. Zelenkov, I. A. Zelenkova -- Results of Study of Polar Ionosphere by E. Ye. Mityakova, N. A. Mityakov, V. A. Cherepovitskiy -- Fragmentation of Dense Meteor Bodies in Atmosphere by V. N. Lebedinets, Yu. I. Portnyagin -- Cascade Theory of Showers by E. V. Gedalin -- Latitude Dependence of fOF₂ by R. G. Bachechiladze, G. M. Khocholava -- Radio Meteor Measurements of Turbulence Parameters by V. V. Sidorov -- Motion of a Reflecting Space Along a Meteor Trail by V. V. Sidorov.
Ionospheric Drifts Over Irkutsk by E. S. Kazimirovskiy, V. D. Kobourov -- Oblique Sounding of the E layer by R. G. Minullin, B. K. Mikhaylov -- Geomagnetic Effect During Occurrence of Fl Layer by L. A. Shchepkin -- Scattered Reflections Observed at Irkutsk by N. A. Chernobrovkina, V. D. Kokourov -- Radio Noise Field Intensity at Alma-Ata by V. I. Bocharov, M. I. Saldrybayeva -- SOVIET GEOPHYSICS ON THE FIFTIETH ANNIVERSARY OF THE GREAT OCTOBER REVOLUTION by Yu. V. Riznichenko -- PRINCIPAL ATTAINMENTS AND APPROACHES IN DEVELOPMENT OF STUDY OF PHYSICS OF THE EARTH by V. A. Magnitskiy -- RESULTS AND TASKS OF SOVIET SEISMOLOGY (1917-1967) by Ye. F. Savarenskiy -- EXPLORATORY GEOPHYSICS IN THE USSR DURING THE YEARS OF SOVIET RULE (1917-1967) by V. V. Fedynskiy -- DEVELOPMENT OF SEISMIC PROSPECTING METHODS IN THE USSR by N. N. Puzyrev.
- Document Date: 2/19/1968.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21332653