Die Marquise Von O [videorecording] = the Marquise of O / Les Films du Losange/Gaumont
- Additional Titles:
- Marquise of O
- New York, NY : Fox Lorber Films, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (102 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Clever, Edith, 1940-
Lühr, Peter, 1906-1988
Kleist, Heinrich von, 1777-1811
Rohmer, Éric, 1920-2010
Fox Lorber Films
- World class cinema collection
- Language Note:
- In German, with subtitles in French,
- It is 1799, at the moment of Souvarof's entry into Italy. The Marquise of O... is a young widow whose father commands a castle which is soon taken by the Russians. While the soldiers prepare to commit the final outrage against the Marquise, a Russian lieutenent-colonel, the Count F... takes her out of their hands and into a wing of the castle; he takes advantage of the fact that she has fainted to rape her himself. The Marquise, being unconscious, believes him to be her savior and regrets that she cannot repay him. Soon, she is feeling ill, and declares to her mother, that if a woman felt as she did, she would believe herself pregnant...
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1976 by Filmproduktion Janus, Gaumont, Hessischer Rundfunk (HR), Les Films du Losange and Artemis Productions.
Based on: Die Marquise von O ... / Heinrich von Kleist.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Producers, Klaus Hellwig, Barbet Schroeder ; director of photography, Néstor Almondros ; writer, Eric Rohmer.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Edith Clever, Bruno Ganz, Edda Seippel, Peter Lühr, Otto Sander.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 2133495