A record of the travels of Mrs. Emil Q. Bert, 1927 June 21-29.
- Bert, Emil Q., Mrs
- Physical Description:
- 1 volumes (47 pages) : calf ; 15 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestricted access.
- Mr. and Mrs. Emil Q. Bert traveled from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia and New York City to sail to Europe on the White Star Line's Majestic, 25 June 1927. She mentions the people she's met (and includes the names and addresses of shipboard acquaintances) and enjoys the activities aboard ship but ceases the fifteen-page diary on board ship during a rough squall.
The volume includes twenty-three printed pages of information about the ocean, ships, estimated populations of big U.S. cities and some of their nicknames, latitude and longitude tables, the Panama Canal, the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, more recent wonders of the world, average rise and fall of tides, famous waterfalls, U.S. national parks, great ocean steamships, and values of foreign coins as of 1 January 1927.
- In the Alice Marshall Collection, Library, Penn State Harrisburg, 351 Olmsted Drive, Middletown, Pa. 17057-4850 (AKM 91/20)
Cover title: My travels abroad.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Harrisburg copy: Gift and purchase of Alice Marshall; 1991.
- Administrative History:
- Mrs. Bert lived at 314 Home Avenue, Avalon, Pa. near Pittsburgh.
View MARC record | catkey: 2134629