Soviet-Bloc Research in Geophysics, Astronomy, and Space. No. 71 [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1963.
- Physical Description:
- 34 pages
- Soviet-bloc research in geophysics, astronomy, and space (1961-1975) ; JPRS-21929
- Vil'nyus Astronomical Observatory Discussed by V. Zhitkyavichus -- Summer School for Astronomers and Astrophysicists -- Lovell Visits the Soviet Union -- Review of Known Data on Venus by Academician N. Barabashev -- Tenth Voyage of the "Voyeykov" -- Detection of Thunderstorms by Radar by V. M. Muchnik -- New Book on the Ozonosphere and Ionosphere by I.A. Khvostikov -- Radar Study of Modification of Supercooled Stratus Clouds by L. M. Volynets, A. A. Levenko, M. L. Markovich, V. M. Muchnik -- Determination of Hail Zones by Radar by V. Ye. Yefimov, V. F. Lapcheva, G. K. Sulakvelidze -- Turbulent Exchange in Clouds by M. A. German -- Use of Radar for Study of Atmospheric Turbulence by A. A. Zagorodnikov -- Solar Radiation and Atmospheric Turbidity by M.S. Averkiyev, L. A. Ryazanova -- Television Cable Winch for Deep Sea Use by V.S. Yastrebov -- IGY and IGC North Atlantic Data Analyzed -- New Popular Brochure on Marine Acoustics by I. G. Khorbenko -- New Developments in Underwater Research by R. B. Mamayeva, V. G. Azhazha -- Tide Gage for Use in the Open Sea by I. I. Stas' -- Instrument Automatically Records Deep Ocean Currents by I. I. Stas -- Geomorphology of the Floor of the East China Sea by B. N. Kotenev -- Electronic Computer Calculation of Components of S₂ Tide by K. T. Bogdanov, V. A. Magarik -- Using the Atom in Search for Natural Resources -- "Evaporation of the Earth's Interior" by Georgiy Naumov -- Mashtagya-Nardaran Earthquakes Analyzed by V.P. Kuznetsov, Sh. S. Ragimov, S. M. Aliyeva -- Caspian Earthquake of 18 September 1961 Described by Sh. S. Ragimov, R. D. Dzhafarov, Z. A. Bagirova, I. F. Mamedov, S. S. AgaZade, E. R. Aliyeva, V. P. Alimamedova -- Caspian Earthquake of 27 January 1963 Described by V.P. Kuznetsov, Sh.S. Ragimov, R.D. Dzhafarov, A.M. Aliyev, Z.A. Bagirova, S.S. Aga-Zade, I.F. Mamedov, S.M. Aliyeva, A.S. Kuliyev, E.M. Demikhovskaya, O.S. Subashiyeva, A.B. Agalarova, Sh.A. Shakhmaliyeva, G.I. Mirzoyeva, V.A. Kasparov -- Session of the Council on Seismology at Frunze by V.M. Arkhangel'skaya -- A New Long-Period Magnetron Seismograph by Ye.M. Lin'kov -- Antarctic Gravity Field and Subglacial Relief by G. Ye. Lazarev, S. A. Ushakov -- Determination of the True Motion of the Soil by Ye. F. Savarenskiy, S.A. Fedorov, B.V. Gogichayshvili -- Study of Seismic Waves by Combining Vertical and Horizontal Profiling by Ye. I. Gal'perin, A.V. Frolova -- "Kosmos-20" in Flight -- Conference on Optical Observations of Artifical Earth Satellites by N. P. Yerpylev -- Power Sources for Space Vehicles Discussed by Yuriy Marinin -- Military Satellites Discussed by Engineer Colonel B. Trofimov -- Latitudinal and Planetary Variations in Hydroxyl Emission by N. N. Shefov, V. I. Yarin -- OH-Band Observations at Ashkhabad by G. I. Salova -- Observations of Helium Twilight Flash Emission by V. V. Shcheglov -- Sky Polarization as an Indicator of Cosmic Dust by G. V. Dittse -- Night Airglow Studies at Abastumani by L. M. Fishkova -- Variations in the Population of Vibrational-Band Levels of Hydroxyl Molecules by V. I. Yarin -- Investigation of Ionosphere by Use of AES Radio Signals by N. A. Mityakov, E. Ya. Mityakova -- Cylindrical Model of the Earth Used for Study of Dst Variations by N. M. Rotanova -- Small Burst Effect in the Cosmic Ray Hard Component by L. I. Dorman, V. I. Ivanov, Ye. V. Kolomeyets, I. Ye. Kashkarov -- Low-Frequency Waves in Multicomponent Plasma by M. A. Gintsburg -- Determination of Altitude of Auroras From Photographs by D. A. Andriyenko -- The Properties of Corpuscular Radiation in Auroral Zones by V. I. Pogorelov -- Lunar Tidal Variations of Critical Frequencies of the E Layer by V. A. Zagulyayeva -- Heating of the Ionosphere by Current Systems by M. N. Fatkullin -- Relationship Between Geomagnetic and Ionospheric Disturbances in the Middle Latitudes by M. P. Kiyanovskiy, N. V. Mednikova -- Influence of Ionospheric Electron Concentration on Maximum Usable Radio Frequency by T. S. Kerblay -- Plans Call for Use of Subterranean Heat.
- Document Date: 11/18/1963.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 21354224