Kon Ichikawa's Odd obsession [videorecording] / Daiei Motion Pictures
- Additional Titles:
- Odd obsession
- [Chicago, Ill.] : Home Vision Cinema, 1997.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videocassette (96 min.) : sound, color ; 1/2 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Tanizaki, Junʼichirō, 1886-1965
Kyo, Machiko, 1924-
Nakamura, Ganjirō, 1902-1983
Ichikawa, Kon, 1915-2008
Daiei Motion Pictures
Home Vision (Firm)
- Japanese classic collection
- An elderly man attempts to satisfy his younger wife, orchestrating an affair between her and their daughter's fiance. The scheme proves both a success and a deadly disaster.
- Japanese with English subtitles.
Videocassette release of 1959 motion picture by Daiei Motion Pictures.
Based on the novel Kagi by Junichiro Tanizaki.
Parental discretion advised.
Title from cassette label.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director, Kon Ichikawa; producer, Masaichi Nagata; writer, Natto Wada, Keiji Hasebe.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Machiko Kyo, Ganjirō Nakamura, Junko Kano, Tatsuya Nakadai, Tanie Kitabayashi, Ichiro Sugai.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 2136449