The theory of capitalism in the German economic tradition : historism, ordo-liberalism, critical theory, solidarism / Peter Koslowski (ed.).
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 575 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Koslowski, Peter, 1952-2012
SEEP-Conference on Economic Ethics and Philosophy (5th : 1997 : Marienrode, Hildesheim, Germany)
- Studies in economic ethics and philosophy
- Pt. 1. Theory of Capitalism, Historism, and Economics in Joseph Schumpeter, Emil Lederer, and Franz Oppenheimer. Ch. 1. Joseph Schumpeter and the German Historical School / Yuichi Shionoya. Ch. 2. Emil Lederer (1882-1939): Economical and Sociological Analyst and Critic of Capitalist Development / Harald Hagemann. Ch. 3. Franz Oppenheimer's Theory of Capitalism and of a Third Path / Dieter Haselbach -- Pt. 2. The Theory of Capitalism, the Historical School, and the Theory of the Social Market Economy in Ordo-Liberalism and Neo-Liberalism: Walter Eucken, Alfred Muller-Armack, Franz Bohm, Friedrich Hayek. Ch. 4. Walter Eucken (1891-1950) and the Historical School / Helge Peukert.
- "The competition between different models of capitalism in the world is one of the most important issues of the contemporary debate in economics and politics. This book provides the reader with theoretical foundations for this debate. It offers an introduction to central economic scholars of capitalism and of the market economy, coming not only from the tradition of liberalism, but also from alternative traditions. The book gives a comprehensive view of the achievements, problems, and outlooks of capitalism."--BOOK JACKET.
- 3540666745 (hard : acid-free paper)
9783540666745 (hard : acid-free paper)
- Papers from the 5th SEEP Conference on Economic Ethics and Philosophy, Marienrode, Germany, 29 October to 1 November 1997.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2142115