The young mathematician's guide [microform] : being a plain and easie introduction to the mathematicks : in five parts : Viz. I. Arithmetick, vulgar and decimal ... II. Algebra ... III. The elements of geometry, contracted, and analytically demonstrated ... IV. Conick-sections ... V. The arithmetick of infinites explain'd ... with an appendix of practical gauging / by John Ward ...
- Ward, John, active 1698-1709
- London : Printed by Edw. Midwinter, for John Taylor ..., 1707.
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages, 451 pages, 1 unnumbered page, 1 unnumbered leaf of plates : illustrations, portrait
- I. Arithmetick, vulgar and decimal, with all the useful rules, and a general method of extracting the roots of all single powers -- II. Algebra, or arithmetick in species, wherein the method of raising and resolving aequations is rendered easie, and illustrated with variety of examples, and numerical questions : also the whole business of interest and annuities, &c. performed by the pen -- III. The elements of geometry, contracted, and analytically demonstrated, with a new and easie method of finding the circle's periphery and area to any assigned exactness, by one aequation only : also a new way of making sines and tangents -- IV. Conic sections, wherein the chief properties, &c. of the ellipsis, parabola, and hyperbola, are clearly demonstrated -- V. The arithmetick of infinites explain'd, and render'd easie, with its application to superficial and solid geometry.
- Reproduction of original in the Bodleian Library.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfiche. Ann Arbor, Mich., University Microfilms International, 1993. 5 microfiche. (Opie collection of children's literature ; 008:180).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Opie. B 347.
View MARC record | catkey: 2145974