Philosophical recreations, or, Winter amusements [microform] : a collection of entertaining & surprising experiments in mechanics, arithmetic, optics, hydrostatics, hydraulics, pneumatics, electricity, chemistry, magnetism, & pyrotechny, or art of making fire works : together with the wonders of the air pump, magic lanthorn, camera obscura, &c. &c. &c. and a variety of tricks with cards : the whole simplified and clearly elucidated so as to suit every capacity
- Badcock, John, active 1816-1830
- Additional Titles:
- Philosophical recreations
- London : Printed for T. Hughes, 35, Ludgate Street, [between 1809 and 1828]
London : Printed by Knight and Bagster.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 200 pages, 1 unnumbered folded leaf of plates : illustrations
- Pref. signed: J.B. [i.e. John Badcock].
Includes publisher's advertisements (back cover and p. xv verso).
Date of publication suggested by P.A.H. Brown, London publishers and printers, c. 1800-1870.
Reproduction of original in the Bodleian Library.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfiche. Ann Arbor, Mich., UMI, 1995. 3 microfiche. (Opie collection of children's literature ; 017:018).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Opie. K 18.
View MARC record | catkey: 2154149