Speaking Chicana : voice, power, and identity / edited by D. Letticia Galindo, María Dolores Gonzales
- Tucson : University of Arizona Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- viii, 226 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Galindo, D. Letticia (Delma Letticia), 1952- and Gonzales, María Dolores, 1946-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Crossing social and cultural borders: the road to language hybridity / María Dolores Gonzales -- Fighting words: Latina girls, gangs, and language attitudes / Norma Mendoza-Denton -- Speaking as a Chicana: tracing cultural heritage through silence and betrayal / Jacqueline M. Martínez -- The power of language: from the back of the bus to the ivory tower / Christine Marín -- Challenging tradition: opening the headgate / Ida M. Luján -- Mexican blood runs through my veins / Aurora Orozco -- Searching for a voice: ambiguities and possibilities / Erlinda Gonzales-Berry -- Sacred cults, subversive icons: Chicanas and the pictorial language of Catholicism / Charlene Villaseñor Black -- Caló and taboo language use among Chicanas: a description of linguistic appropriation and innovation / D. Letticia Galindo -- Máscaras, trenzas, y greñas : un/masking the self while un/braiding Latina stories and legal discourse / Margaret E. Montoya.
- 0816518149 (acid-free, archival-quality paper) and 0816518157 (pbk. : acid-free, archival-quality paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2158263