The contractor's NEC3 EEC handbook / Steve Evans
- Evans, Steven C.
- Additional Titles:
- Contractor's NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract handbook
- Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Introduction -- The contract -- General -- The contractor's main responsibilities -- Time -- Testing and defects -- Payment -- Compensation events -- Title -- Risks and insurance -- Termination -- Dispute resolution (W1 and W2 adjudication) -- X and Y clauses -- Z clauses -- Schedules of cost components.
- This book explains how the NEC3 contract works and provides answers to common questions. It presents complicated concepts in a simple, straightforward and understanding way, focusing mainly on day-to-day use. Steven Evans, an expert with thirty years of experience in construction, considers all the provisions of the contract and explains the procedures, obligations and liabilities contained within it. -- and NEC3 ECC is a process-based contract based on project management best practices. The basic philosophy behind it differs radically from the more adversarial approaches embodied by traditional contracts. While the NEC3 ECC may appear quite simple on the surface, it is often misunderstood and mismanaged by its day-too-day users. --Book Jacket.
- 9781119137535 (electronic bk.), 1119137535 (electronic bk.), 9781119137528 (electronic bk.), 1119137527 (electronic bk.), 9781119137511, 1119137519, and 9781119137498 (pbk.)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 21587045