Idris Khan : a world within
- Additional Titles:
- World within
- Berlin : Hatje Cantz, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 303 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 30 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Basciano, Oliver, Khan, Idris, 1978-, Marks, Thomas, 1982-, Khan, Idris, 1978- Selections, and New Art Gallery Walsall
- If time were condensed into a single moment, the world might look like one of Idris Khan's works of art. Born in Birmingham in 1978, the artist, who's currently rising rapidly in the art world, works with photographs, sculptures, installations, paintings, and film. He always layers various media (for example, every page of the Quran, the scores for every Beethoven sonata, or every JMW Turner postcard from the Tate Britain) in a way that condenses the colors and shapes so much that they become abstract. The British newspaper The Guardian describes Khan's works as "experiments in compressed memories." The catalogue from The New Art Gallery Walsall illustrates the whole palette of Khan's art and shows the meditative, yet monumental character of his work. Exhibition: The New Art Gallery Walsall, United Kingdom (03.02. - 07.05.2017).
- 9783775743099 (EN), 377574309X (EN), and 9783775743105 (DE)
- Published on the occasion of an exhibition held at the New Art Gallery Walsall, Walsall, England, February 3-May 7, 2017. and Includes an essay by Oliver Basciano and an interview with the artist by Thomas Marks.
View MARC record | catkey: 21587534