Essentials of sociology / Anthony Giddens, Mitchell Duneier, Richard P. Appelbaum, Deborah Carr
- Giddens, Anthony
- New York : W.W. Norton & Company, Inc., 
- Fifth edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 535, A62 pages : colour illustrations ; 28 cm
- Sociology: Theory and Method -- Culture and Society -- Socialization, the Life Course, and Aging -- Social Interaction and Everyday life in the Age of the Internet -- Groups, Networks, and Organizations -- Conformity, Deviance, and Crime -- Stratification, Class, and Inequality -- Global Inequality -- Gender Inequality -- Ethnicity and Race -- Families and Intimate Relationships -- Education and Religion -- Politics and Economic Life -- The Sociology of the Body: Health, Illness, and Sexuality -- Urbanization, Populations, and the Environment -- Globalization in a Changing World.
- "Essentials of Sociology moves students beyond their individual experiences by highlighting the macro social forces at work in our everyday lives. Innovative pedagogy, including end-of-chapter concept maps and a new goal-focused organization, helps students master the core concepts"--Back cover.
- 9780393937459 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
0393937453 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- Revised edition of: Essentials of sociology / Anthony Giddens [and others]. 4th ed.
Description based on surrogate.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 21588930