Make great art on your iPad : paint, draw, share / Alison Jardine
- Jardine, Alison
- London : ILEX, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 144 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 24 cm
- Introduction. Welcome to your new studio -- Art hacks on the iPad. Things you can't do with a pencil -- Great composition. Designing an artwork -- Color. Understanding color ; Value ; Cool, warm, & complementary ; Intensity contrast ; Rothko's abstraction -- A sense of perspective. Practical perspective ; A sense of perspective ; Aerial perspective -- A sweet gesture. Drawing is seeing ; Blind contour ; One-minute portrait ; Drawing on the edge: contour ; Drawing value -- Our not-so-still life. Still life ; Our not-so-still life ; The bottom of the glass ; Flower power ; Pop art food -- Objects of desire. Object paintings ; Fully loaded ; Impasto impressionism ; Plastic fantastic ; Reflections ; Object study: little blue jug -- Swipe right. Portraiture ; Eye eye ; Swipe right ; Black & white -- Purrfect pets. Pet portraiture ; Hello Kitty ; Puppy love -- What would Banksy do?. Street art ; What would Banksy do? -- The great outdoors. Beautiful chaos: Monet's Water Lilies ; Pointillism ; Ocean's Eight ; Oil landscape ; Hanami & Bokeh ; Into the woods -- Glossary.
- Even if you have absolutely no experience in art, you can learn fundamental art-school principles, a diversity of iPad art techniques, and be ready to take the leap into making original artworks on your iPad. Jardine has structured the text around the classic genres of art, such as still life, landscape painting, portraits, and perspective, all grounded firmly in the traditions of the fine art world. She includes projects that will continue to challenge and enrich the proficiencies of even accomplished iPad artists.
If you want to start making great art on your iPad, then this book is for you! Even if you have absolutely no experience in art, you will learn fundamental art-school principles, a diversity of iPad art techniques, and then be ready to take the leap into making original artworks on your iPad. Innovative in scope, Make Great Art on Your iPad is structured around the classic genres of art, such as still life, landscape painting, portraits, and perspective. Often iPad art is associated only with the graphic and illustrative arts found in genres such as video games. This book is grounded firmly in the traditions of the fine art world. The chapters "Great Compositions" and "Colour" teach important fundamentals for any kind of art, and "A Sweet Gesture" teaches drawing skills. Other chapters lead you through drawing still lifes, portraits, animals, and challenging objects like glass, plastic and reflective surfaces. "What Would Banksy Do?" puts art into your own urban context, and "Monet's Water Lilies" takes you into the mindset of the Impressionists. In "Hanami & Bokeh", you will travel to the cherry blossom festival in Tokyo; in the perspective projects you will gaze at the magnificent Smokey Mountains, as well as the interior of an art museum. As the skills of each chapter are mastered, there are plenty of projects that will continue to challenge, and will enrich the proficiencies of even accomplished iPad artists. To inspire the reader even further, the "Masterwork" sections introduce exceptional artists who work in traditional media as well as on the iPad. From Banksy's street art, Margaret Morrison's pop-inspired hyperrealism, Janet Fish's still lifes, Claerwen James' modern portraits, and Gwen John's paintings of cats, through to Schiele's and Seurat's masterpieces of drawing, the work of these artists give context to the themes of the projects. This is the must- have book for any aspiring iPad artist.
- 1781573875 (paperback)
- "Explore your creative talents and produce amazing artworks on your iPad"--Cover.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2017
View MARC record | catkey: 21589238