Saved from the flames. Persuade me / [produced by David Shepard and Jeffery Masino].
- Additional Titles:
- California election news #2, Persuade me, Week-end, Cette nuit-la, Clo-cloche, MGM promo. reel, Master hands, Philips broadcast of 1938, Soundies, Yankee doodler, Rosie the riveter, Dear Arabella, Hell bent for election, Saved from the flames, and Disc 3
- Los Angeles, CA : Flicker Alley, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (82 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Masino, Jeffery and Shepard, David
- Language Note:
- In English.
- California election news #2 / produced by MGM ; "a campaign film in one of the dirtiest-ever political campaigns" (USA, 1934, 6:52 min.) -- 3 advertisements for theaters produced in France : Week-end / with Fernandel ; produced by Virginia Week-End Tobacco (France, 1938, 2:17 min.) ; Cette nuit-la / with Jacques Tati ; produced by Levitan and Co., (France, 1935, 1:31 min.) ; Clo-cloche / with Michel Simon ; produced by Caporal (France, 1935, 2:08 min.) -- Persuade me : MGM prom reel / MGM ; with Laurel & Hardy (France, 1936, 8:30 min.) -- Master hands / Chevrolet Motor Co. ; producer, Jam Handy Organization (USA, 1936, 31:48 min.) -- Philips Broadcast of 1938 / Philips Radio A/S ; animator, George Pal (Holland, 1938, 4:57 min.) -- Three "Soundies" made for coin-operated jukebox devices: Yankee Doodler / Soundies Dist. Corp (USA, 1942, 2:54 min.) ; Rosie the riveter / Soundies Dist. Corp. (USA, 1943, 2:38 min.) ; Dear Arabella / Soundies Dist. Corp. (USA, 1942, 2:38 min.) -- Hell bent for election / UPA Pictures ; 1944 campaign film for Roosevelt ; animation, Chuck Jones (USA, 1944, 12:30 min.) -- Tell me a story : For his son / Biograph Co. ; producer/director, D.W. Griffith ; with Charles Hill Mailes, Blanche Sweet (USA, 1912, 14:52 min.) -- Suspense / Rex Films ; producers/directors, Lois Weber & Phillips Smalley ; with Lois Weber, Val Paul (USA, 1913, 10:10 min.) -- The heart of an Indian (aka. The Indian massacre) / Bison Motion Pictures ; director, Thomas Ince ; with Francis Ford, Ann Little (USA, 1912, 32:20 min.) -- Stolen kisses [compilation] (ca. 1920s, 3:30 min.).
- These films, compiled by Flicker Alley, include vintage promotional films, puppet animation, WWII-era shorts, election campaign films, election news, cartoons, and an FDR presidential campaign-promotion.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed September 06, 2017).
View MARC record | catkey: 21591405