Cutting to the core [videorecording] : Albert J. Dunlap with Hedrick Smith / Hedrick Smith Productions
- Additional Titles:
- Albert J. Dunlap with Hedrick Smith
- Princeton, N.J. : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, 1998.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videocassette (30 min.) : sound, color ; 1/2 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Dunlap, Albert J. (Albert John), 1937-2019
Hedrick Smith Productions
Films for the Humanities (Firm)
- Managing corporate change
- On Wall Strteet, no one has earned a bigger reputation for cutting companies down to size than corporate turn-around artist Albert J. Dunlap. He parachutes into troubled companies, cuts them to the core, and jump-starts their stock. His strategy is to boost the bottom line with swift, deep layoffs; sell off divisions; and move production to lower-wage states, or better yet, abroad.
- Dunlap, Albert J. (Albert John), 1937-2019—Interviews
- Sunbeam Corporation—Management—Case studies
- Corporate turnarounds—United States
- Downsizing of organizations—United States
- Industries—Size—United States
- Organizational effectiveness
- Industrial management—United States
- Layoff systems—United States
- Corporations—United States
- Electric industries—Management—Case studies
- Business planning—Case studies
- Related Titles:
- Surviving the bottom line (Television program)
- "This interview was videotaped by Hedrick Smith Productions for the PBS series Surviving the bottom line with Hedrick Smith."
- Technical Details:
- Source of Acquisition:
- Hershey copy: Purchased with funds from The Center for Leadership Development; 2003/04.
View MARC record | catkey: 2164339