Cybersexualities : a reader on feminist theory cyborgs and cyberspace / edited and with an introduction by Jenny Wolmark
- Edinburgh : Edinburgh University Press, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 374 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Wolmark, Jenny
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Technophilia: technology, representation, and the feminine / Mary Ann Doane -- The pleasure of the interface / Claudia Springer -- Virtual corporeality: a feminist view / Zoë Sofia -- Will the real body please stand up? Boundary stories about virtual cultures / Allucquere Rosanne Stone -- The future looms: weaving women and cybernetics / Sadie Plant -- Space, time, and bodies / Elizabeth Grosz -- Reading cyborgs writing feminism / Anne Balsamo -- The life cycle of cyborgs: writing the posthuman / N. Katherine Hayles -- Cybernetic deconstructions: cyberpunk and postmodernism / Veronica Hollinger -- Cyberpunk: preparing the ground for revolution or keeping the boys satisfied? / Nicola Nixon -- Meat puppets or robopaths? Cyberpunk and the question of embodiment / Thomas Foster -- The postmodern romances of feminist science fiction / Jenny Wolmark -- New sciences: cyborg feminism and the methodology of the oppressed / Chela Sandoval -- Envisioning cyborg bodies: notes from current research / Jennifer González -- From virtual cyborgs to biological time bombs: technocriticism and the material body / Kathleen Woodward -- Birth of the cyberqueer / Donald Morton -- The promises of monsters: a regenerative politics for inappropriate/d others / Donna Haraway.
- 0748611177 and 0748611185
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliography and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2164757