Hamlet [videorecording] / Paul Brownstein Productions ; directed by Sir John Gielgud ; produced for the screen by William Sargent & Alfred W. Crown
- Additional Titles:
- Title on disc and container labels: Richard Burton's Hamlet
- [Place of publication not identified] : Onward Production Ltd. and Paul Brownstein Productions, [1999?]
Chatsworth, CA : Image Entertainment
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (191 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 guide (8 unnumbered pages : illustrations, plans ; 17 cm)
- Additional Creators:
- Gielgud, John, 1904-2000
Burton, Richard, 1925-1984
Drake, Alfred, 1914-1992
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616
Paul Brownstein Productions
Onward Production Ltd
Image Entertainment (Firm)
National Film and Television Archive (Great Britain)
- Staged in plain modern dress without historical props, this is a "final run-through" rehearsal of Richard Burton's performance in Hamlet which opened on Broadway April 9, 1964. The action is recorded by cameras placed in the audience.
- "Includes unseen interview footage"--Container.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Film restoration in collaboration with the National Film and Television Archive of the British Film Institute.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Richard Burton, Alfred Drake, Hume Cronyn, Robert Milli, John Cullum, Philip Coolidge, Hugh Alexander, Clement Fowler, William Redfield, Dillon Evans.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded in 1964 at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, New York City.
- Technical Details:
- DVD video, dolby digital, mono, NTSC.
View MARC record | catkey: 2167203