The works of Michael Drayton / edited by J. William Hebel
- Drayton, Michael, 1563-1631
- Oxford : Printed at the Shakespeare Head Press & pub. for the press by B. Blackwell, 1931-1941.
- Physical Description:
- 5 volumes : frontispiece (portrait) illustrations (facsimiles) ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Hebel, J. William (John William), 1891-1934, Tillotson, Kathleen, 1906-2001, and Newdigate, Bernard H. (Bernard Henry), 1869-1944
- v. 1. The harmonie of the church. Idea, the shepheards garland, fashioned in nine eglogs. Ideas, mirrour, amours in quatorzains. Endimion and Phoebe, Ideas Latmus. Peirs Gaveston, earle of Cornwall. Matilda, the faire and chaste daughter of the Lord Robert Fitzwater. The tragicall legend of Robert, duke of Normandy. Mortimeriados, the lamentable civell warres of Edward the second and the barrons. The first part of the true and honourable historie, of the life of Sir John Old-castle the good Lord Cobham. To the majestie of King James, a gratulatorie poem. A paean triumphall. Sonnetts not printed in Ideas mirrour, 1594, or in Idea, 1619. Two odes from Poemes lyrick and pastorall  not reprinted in 1619. Uncollected poems.--v. 2. The barons warres. Englands heroicall epistles. Idea in sixtie three sonnetts. Odes, with other lyrick poesies. The legends. The owle. Pastorals, contayning eglogues. The man in the moone.--v. 3. The vision of Ben. Jonson, on the muses of his friend M. Drayton. Upon the battaile of Agincourt, by J. Vaughan. To my worthy friend Mr. Michaell Drayton upon these his poems, by John Reynolds. The battaile of Agincourt. The miseries of Queen Margarite. Nimphidia, the court of fayrie. The quest of Cynthia. The shepheards Sirena. The moone-calfe. Elegies upon sundrie occasions. The muses Elizium. Noahs flood. Moses his birth and miracles. David and Goliath.--v. 4. The first part of Poly-Olbion. The second part, or a continuance of Poly-Olbion from the eighteenth song.--v. 5. Introduction, notes, variant readings, edited by Kathleen Tillotson and B. H. Newdigate.
- "Five hundred copies of this tercentenary edition ... have been printed".
With facsimiles of original title-pages.
"This edition aims at giving an accurate reprint of Drayton's own texts. In printing, modern typographical usage is followed"--Pref., v. 1.
- Bibliography Note:
- "A chronology of Michael Drayton's life and writings:" volume 5, pages [xix]-xxx. Bibliography: : volume 5, pages 265-183.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microform. Chicago, Library Resources, 1970. 4 microfiche ; 8 x 13 cm. (The Microbook library of English literature) Reduction ratio varies.
- Action Note:
- Rebound. 2004212. Grantville, PA 17028. Wert Bookbinding, Inc.
Deacidified. 2004212. liquid. Cranberry Township, PA 16066. Preservation Technologies Inc.
View MARC record | catkey: 2170375