A treatise on the theory and practice of landscape gardening, adapted to North America : with a view to the improvement of country residences. Comprising historical notices and general principles of the art, directions for laying out grounds and arranging plantations, the description and cultivation of hardy trees, decorative accompaniments to the house and grounds, the formation of pieces of artificial water, flower gardens, etc. with remarks on rural architecture
- Downing, A. J. (Andrew Jackson), 1815-1852
- New York : George P. Putnam ; London : Longman, Brown, Green & Longmans, 1849.
- 4th ed. ... / By A.J. Downing ...
- Physical Description:
- xiv pages, pages -532 pages,  pages : 19 plates, including frontispiece
- Last unit of collation is publisher's list.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microform. New Haven, Conn., Research Publications, 1972. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (American architectural books)
- Binding notes:
- Microfilm D286 reel.25 no.347 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in Rural essays / By A. J. Downing. Ed., with a memoir of the author, by George Willam Curtis; and a letter to his friends, by Frederika Bremer
View MARC record | catkey: 217062