Data on women and crime [electronic resource] / from the Data Resources Program, National Institute of Justice, U.S. Department of Justice
- Ann Arbor, MI : Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research, National Archive of Criminal Justice Data, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 computer disc ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 user's guide (27 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- National Institute of Justice (U.S.). Data Resources Program
Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research
National Archive of Criminal Justice Data
- ICPSR ; CD0030
ICPSR ; 2599
- Restrictions on Access:
- ICPSR policy prohibits the redistribution or sale of data contained on ICPSR media to other users, except as permitted to Official Representatives of ICPSR member institutions or by written agreement with ICPSR.
- Contains numeric data in ASCII format, SAS and SPSS data definition statements, and supporting text and codebooks in PDF format for 55 studies related to women and crime. Covers topics such as classic family violence studies, court responses to violence against women, female offenders, police responses to domestic violence, prosecution of domestic violence, sex offenders, victimization (including rape and stalking), and victim advocacy.
- Title from disc label.
"Issued November 2000."
"The datasets, codebooks, SAS and SPSS data definition statements, and other related materials on this CD-ROM can also be accessed from the Web site of the National Archive of Criminal Justice Data at the URL: http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/nacjd"--P. 2 of guide.
Includes Adobe Acrobat Reader for reading text in PDF format. This software runs on platforms such as Macintosh Operating System 7.1 or higher, Windows 3.1 or 95, and Sun SPARC (Solaris).
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Computer that can read ISO 9660 formatted text (includes MS-DOS, Windows, Macintosh Operating System 6.08 and PC emulation software, and System 7.0 or higher); Microsoft CD-ROM extension to MS-DOS (version 2.0 or above); sufficient disk space to manipulate data files up to 63.5 MB; CD-ROM drive capable of reading 650 MB recommended.
View MARC record | catkey: 2175925