Global life systems : population, food, and disease in the process of globalization / Robert P. Clark
- Clark, Robert P., 1940-
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 351 pages : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Life systems and globalization -- Population -- Food -- Disease -- Agriculture comes to Europe -- The biology of the silk road -- The biological impact of Europeans on Eastern North America, 1600-1800 -- Feeding industrial cities -- Global food networks in the information age -- Emerging (and re-emerging ) infectious diseases -- The loss of biodiversity -- Where do we go from here? The biology of interplanetary and interstellar migration.
- 0742500748 (cloth : alk. paper)
0742500756 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2178240