Caring classrooms/intelligent schools : the social emotional education of young children / Jonathan Cohen, editor ; foreword by James P. Comer
- New York : Teachers College Press, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 219 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Cohen, Jonathan, 1952-
- Series on social emotional learning
- PART I: SOCIAL EMOTIONAL EDUCATION AND THE YOUNG CHILD: Social and emotional education: core concepts and practices / Jonathan Cohen -- Development in context: imagining the child at hand / Barbara K. Eisold -- PART II: CREATING SAFE, CARING, AND RESPONSIVE SCHOOLS: School climate and social and emotional development in the young child / Joy E. Fopiano and Norris M. Haynes -- Helping emotionally vulnerable children: moving toward an empathic orientation in the classroom / Deborah Mugno and Donald Rosenblitt -- Creating a classroom community where social emotional learning thrives: the case of the "Cool Girls" list / Ruth Charney and Roxanne Kriete -- PART III: PROGRAMMATIC EFFORTS: Fostering emotional intelligence in the classroom and school: strategies from the Child Development Project / Stefan Dasho, Catherine Lewis, and Marilyn Watson -- Reach out to schools: a social competency program / Pamela Seigle -- I can problem solve (ICPS): a cognitive approach to the prevention of early high-risk behaviors / Marya B. Shure and Ann-Linn Glaser -- PATHS in your classroom: promoting emotional literacy and alleviating emotional distress / Carol A. Kusche and Mark T. Greenberg -- Improving the social and intellectual climate in elementary schools by addressing bully-victim-bystander power struggles / Stuart W. Twemlow [et al.] -- PART IV: CURRENT ISSUES AND FUTURE DIRECTIONS: Social and emotional learning: the future is now / Ronald J. Areglado -- Social and emotional literacy for all in the Twenty-first Century: a challenge and a necessity / Jonathan Cohen.
- 0807740578 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Delaware copy: Purchased with funds from the John D. Vairo Libraries Endowment; 20020610.
Schuylkill copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment Fund; 20023.
View MARC record | catkey: 2181317