Mass communication ethics : decision making in postmodern culture / Larry Z. Leslie
- Leslie, Larry Z.
- Boston : Houghton Mifflin Co., c2000.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 326 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Introduction and historical context: Postmodern America; Ethics in America -- Philosophical foundations: Greek view; Transition figures; Rebels; Traditionalists; Continental connection; Modern influences; Postmodernist approaches -- Applications: Decision making; Ethical issues and case studies in journalism; Ethical issues and case studies in advertising and public relations; Ethical issues and case studies in the book, recording and radio industries; Ethical issues and case studies in the television-entertainment and film industries; Ethical issues and case studies in new media technology; Facing the postmodern maelstrom -- Glossary.
- [The book is a selection of] philosophies ... useful ... in solving ethical problems. [It covers] forty-four different philosophies, including three Eastern ones. -Pref. This text will dip into the various historical culture periods and extract some key ethical philosophies that will prove helpful in making sound, appropriate, ethical decisions. -Introduction and historical context.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2182407