Art therapy with military populations : history, innovation, and applications / edited by Paula Howie
- New York : Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- xxvii, 216 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Howie, Paula
- Art therapy with military and veteran populations : a historical context / by Martha Haeseler and Paula Howie -- Psychosis, attachment, and trauma / by Paula Howie -- Inpatient treatment / by Charlotte Boston and Jeanne Creekmore -- Family art therapy treatment at Walter Reed / by Paula Howie -- Group art therapy : the evolution of treatment and the power of witness / by Paula Howie -- Managing suicide in the military / by Paula Howie -- Treating the wounded warrior : cognitive and neural aspects of post-traumatic stress disorder / by Paul Newhouse and Kimberly Albert -- Complicated grief : considerations for treatment of military populations / by Jacqueline P. Jones -- Integrative approaches to treating PTSD and TBI : art therapy approaches within the National Intrepid Center of Excellence at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center / by Melissa S. Walker -- The giant steps program : creating fellowship and meaning / by Martha Haeseler -- Art therapy with substance abuse and co-occurring disorders in military populations / by Eileen A. McKee -- Using the instinctual trauma response model in a military setting / by Linda Gantt and Mary Ellen Vesprini -- The sketch project : volunteers giving veterans a new perspective / by Doris Arrington and Nancy Parfitt Hondros -- Group therapy and PTSD : acceptance and commitment art therapy groups with Vietnam veterans with PTSD / by Amy Backos and Corrie Mazzeo -- Art therapy and the treatment of military sexual trauma / by Jeff Stadler -- How the studio and gallery experience benefits military members and their families / by Jennifer DeLucia -- Motivations known and unknown / by Paula Howie.
- 9781138948631 (hardcover : alk. paper), 1138948632 (hardcover : alk. paper), 9781138948662 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 1138948667 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 21824489