Translational research in biophotonics : four National Cancer Institute case studies / Robert J. Nordstrom, editor
- Bellingham, Washington (1000 20th St. Bellingham WA 98225-6705 USA) : SPIE, 2014.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxi, 328 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Nordstrom, Robert J. (Robert James), 1947- and Society of Photo-optical Instrumentation Engineers
- Restrictions on Access:
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- 1. Introduction to translational research / Robert J. Nordstrom -- 2. The NTR: a format for translation / Pushpa Tandon -- 3. Team sciences and core resources within the NTR / Melissa B. Aldrich, John C. Rasmussen, Ali Azhdarinia, Bishnu P. Joshi, Md. Jashim Uddin, Walter J. Akers, Joseph P. Culver, Anne M. Smith, Jean-Pierre Bouchard, and Katsuo Kurabayashi -- 4. Bringing an imaging product into the clinic / Paula M. Jacobs and Dwaine Rieves -- 5. Clinical translation of photoacoustic tomography / Todd N. Erpelding, Konstantin Maslov, Catherine Appleton, Julie A. Margenthaler, Michael D. Pashley, Jun Zou, Joseph P. Culver, Walter J. Akers, Samuel Achilefu, Dipanjan Pan, Gregory M. Lanza, and Lihong V. Wang -- 6. Acceleration of translational research: enabling discovery / Eva M. Sevick-Muraca -- 7. Imaging and biomarkers for early detection of colorectal cancer / D. Kim Turgeon, Bishnu P. Joshi, Bill R. Reisdorph, and Thomas D. Wang -- 8. Using optics to reduce the time and distance between the patient and the diagnostic event / Stephan Rogalla, Steven Sensarn, Bonnie L. King, Tobi L. Schmidt, Hyejun Ra, Ellis Garai, David Rimm, David Ostrov, Md. Jashim Uddin, Lawrence J. Marnett, Cristina Zavaleta, Sanjiv S. Gambhir, James M. Crawford, Jacques Van Dam, Shai Friedland, Olav Solgaard, Michael Mandella, and Christopher H. Contag -- 9. Industrial perspective of academic prototypes / Anne M. Smith and Sven Zuehlsdorff -- Appendix: Bringing a product to market.
- Translational research transforms scientific discoveries arising from laboratory, clinical, or population studies into clinical applications to reduce cancer incidence, morbidity, and mortality. Optical imaging in medicine is a rapidly growing field, showing promise for delivering new low-cost, point-of-care capabilities with dramatic increases in measurement sensitivity. Unfortunately, despite all of the promises offered by optical imaging, few concepts are making it through the translational pipeline from laboratory demonstration to commercialization for clinical use.
- 9781628410709 pdf
9781628410686 print : alk. paper
- "SPIE Digital Library."--Website.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print version.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 21833131