Rotating machinery research and development test rigs / Maurice L. Adams
- Adams, Maurice L., Jr.
- Boca Raton : Taylor & Francis, CRC Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Cover; Half Title ; Title Page ; Copyright Page ; Dedication ; Table of Contents ; Preface ; Acknowledgments ; Author ; Chapter 1: Radial and Axial Rotor Force Design Technology ; 1.1 Double-Spool Spindle at Case for Fluid-Annulus Vibration., 1.1.1 Extracting Anisotropic Radial Rotor Dynamic Coefficient Matrices 1.1.2 Hybrid Hydrostatic-Hydrodynamic Bearing Dynamic Properties ; 1.1.3 Journal-on-Bearing Impact Restitution Coefficient ; 1.2 Double-Spool Spindle Rig at Caltech for Pump Stage Testing., 1.2.1 Rotor Dynamic Properties of a Complete Centrifugal Pump Stage 1.2.2 Unsteady-Flow Forces ; 1.3 Axial Bearing Squeeze-Film Damper Concept and Development ; Bibliography ; Chapter 2: Tabletop Rigs: Bently-Nevada Rotor Kit and Automatic 2-Plane Rotor Balancing., 2.1 Squeeze-Film Rotor Vibration Dampers 2.2 Journal Bearing, Rub Impact, and Coefficient of Restitution ; 2.3 Nonlinear Hysteresis Loop of a Journal Bearing Oil Whip ; 2.4 Rotor with Two Planes of Automatically Controllable Balancers ; Bibliography., and Chapter 3: Large Steam Turbine Generator Turning-Gear Slow-Roll Journal Bearing Load Capacity 3.1 Prior State-of-the-Art and Motivations ; 3.2 Test Rig Design ; 3.3 Test Bearing and Journal Details ; 3.4 Test Duration and Measurements ; 3.5 What Tests Revealed.
- "Rotating Machinery Research and Development Test Rigs presents the purpose and development processes for test apparatuses built for Research & Development in machinery technology and product development. Each R & D apparatus is the focus of an entire chapter, with fifteen detailed case studies included from mechanical, aerospace, chemical and biomedical engineering. Specific machinery components covered include bearings, seals, power plant pumps, rotors, turbines and compressors. Machinery condition monitoring and product development processes have been integrated. The specific purpose and results for each test rig are comprehensively presented and explained."--Provided by publisher.
- 9781138032422 (electronic bk.)
1138032425 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 21834665