Precision Molecular Pathology of Uterine Cancer [electronic resource] / edited by Michael T. Deavers, Donna M. Coffey
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- IX, 286 pages 48 illustrations, 47 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Deavers, Michael T., Coffey, Donna M., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Part I: Introduction -- Endometrial Carcinoma: Precursor Lesions and Molecular Profiles -- Part II: Endometrial Carcinoma -- Classification of Endometrial Carcinoma -- Immunohistochemical Markers in Endometrial Carcinoma -- Molecular Pathology of Endometrioid Adencarcinoma -- The Molecular Pathology of Serous Endometrial Cancer -- Uterine Clear Cell Carcinoma -- Mucinous Adenocarcinoma of the Endometrium -- Molecular Pathology of Uterine Carcinosarcoma -- Hereditary Endometrial Carcinomas -- Targeted Therapy and Prevention of Endometrial Cancer -- Part III: Uterine Mesenchymal Tumors (Nucci) -- Molecular Pathology of Cervival Dysplasia and Carcinoma.
- This text provides a comprehensive review for practicing pathologists to understand the molecular biology, diagnostics, and predictive markers and implications for therapy of uterine cancer. While molecular based therapeutic strategies for uterine cancer are not as well developed as for some other organ sites, these are the most common gynecologic malignancies and there have been many important recent developments that are discussed in this volume. Comprehensive chapters address essential information about endometrial carcinoma, uterine mesenchymal tumors, and cervical carcinoma and include the pathogenesis of carcinoma and discuss molecular based classification, biomarkers, therapy, prevention, and hereditary cancers of the uterus. Precision Molecular Pathology of Uterine Cancer is a unique and one of a kind resource for practicing pathologists, pathologists in training and gynecologists.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 21836896