RNA Metabolism and Gene Expression in Archaea [electronic resource] / edited by Béatrice Clouet-d'Orval
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 269 pages 49 illustrations, 37 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Clouet-d'Orval, Béatrice and SpringerLink (Online service)
- I. RNA synthesis -- Systems approaches to genome occupancy and output of the archaeal transcription machinery -- Mechanisms of transcription regulation in archaea -- 2. RNAdegradingenzymes Archaeal Exosome -- RNA-degrading enzymes in Archaea -- 3.Translation, tRNA&rRNA processing -- Archaeal translation -- Life and Death of Ribosomes in Archaea -- Structure and Function of archaeal RNase P -- Complex Biosynthesis of N6-threonyl-carbamoyl adenosine - an anti-frameshift nucleoside -- 4.Non codingRNAs -- Evolution of C/D box sRNAs -- Computational Screens for C/D Box and H/ACA sRNAs, and Potential New Roles in Regulation -- Small non coding RNAs in methanogenic Archaea -- Small non coding RNAs in halophilic Archaea -- 5.CRISPR defense system -- CRISPR-Cas systems in Haloarchaea.
- This book focuses on the regulation of transcription and translation in Archaea and arising insights into the evolution of RNA processing pathways. From synthesis to degradation and the implications of gene expression, it presents the current state of knowledge on archaeal RNA biology in 13 chapters. Topics covered include the modification and maturation of RNAs, the function of small non-coding RNAs and the CRISPR-Cas defense system. While Archaea have long been considered exotic microbial extremophiles, they are now increasingly being recognized as important model microorganisms for the study of molecular mechanisms conserved across the three domains of life, and with regard to the relevance of similarities and differences to eukaryotes and bacteria. This unique book offers a valuable resource for all readers interested in the regulation of gene expression in Archaea and RNA metabolism in general.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 21837038