Plasma Science and Technology for Emerging Economies [electronic resource] : An AAAPT Experience / edited by Rajdeep Singh Rawat
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- VI, 805 pages 418 illustrations, 220 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Rawat, Rajdeep Singh and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Asian African Association for Plasma Training (AAAPT) – History, Network and Plasma Science and Technology Activities -- Dense Plasma Focus – High Energy Density Pulsed Plasma Device a Novel Facility for Material Processing and Synthesis -- Numerical Experiments of the Plasma Focus- the AAAPT Experience -- X-ray Diagnostics of Pulsed Plasmas using Filtered Detectors -- Pulsed Plasma Sources for X-ray Microscopy and Lithography Applications -- Neutron & Proton Diagnostics for Pulsed Plasma Fusion Devices -- Hard Tribological Coatings using Plasma Focus Device -- Cost Effective Plasma Experiments for Developing Countries -- Pulsed dc and RF plasmas-Physics and applications -- Radio Frequency Inductively Coupled Plasmas: Fundamentals and Applications -- Low pressure RF and microwave plasmas and their applications -- Plasma polymerization: Electronics and Biomedical Applications -- Cold Atmospheric Plasma Sources – An upcoming Innovation in Plasma Medicine -- Dielectric Barrier Discharge (DBD) Plasmas and Their Applications -- Research on IR-T1 Tokamak.
- This book highlights plasma science and technology-related research and development work at institutes and universities networked through Asian African Association for Plasma Training (AAAPT) which was established in 1988. The AAAPT, with 52 member institutes in 24 countries, promotes the initiation and intensification of plasma research and development through cooperation and technology sharing. With 13 chapters on fusion-relevant, laboratory and industrial plasmas for wide range of applications and basic research and a chapter on AAAPT network, it demonstrates how, with collaborations, high-quality, industrially relevant academic and scientific research on fusion, industrial and laboratory plasmas and plasma diagnostics can be successfully pursued in small research labs. These plasma sciences and technologies include pioneering breakthroughs and applications in (i) fusion relevant research in the quest for long-term, clean energy source development using high-temperature, high- density plasmas and (ii) multibillion-dollar, low-temperature, non-equilibrium and thermal industrial plasmas used in processing, synthesis and electronics.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 21837188