Female-perpetrated sex abuse : knowledge, power, and the cultural conditions of victimhood / Sherianne Kramer
- Kramer, Sherianne
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, an imprint of the Taylor & Francis Group, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- x, 187 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm.
- Concepts for critical psychology
- Machine generated contents note: Where are the victims? -- pt. I Surfacing (im)possible victims -- 1.Female-perpetrated sex abuse: an object of power/knowledge -- Sex abuse: vague constructs and varied meanings -- The emergence of female-perpetrated sex abuse -- Female-perpetrated sex abuse: current scientific formulations and limitations -- Female-perpetrated sex abuse as a category of human science knowledge: what are the implications? -- pt. II Female-perpetrated sex abuse victimisation: conditions of (im)possibility -- 2.Material, political, and historical conditions for gender and sexuality -- The history of sexuality, gender, and power -- Gendered and sexualised constructions and consequences -- 3.Discursive possibilities for female-perpetrated sex abuse victims -- Victim subject positions: the role of gender, power, and sexuality -- Institutionalised discourses and FSA victimhood -- 4.On becoming a victim -- FSA victimhood: an emerging organisation of discourses -- South African context-specific conditions for FSA victimhood -- The inconceivable crime -- Gender constructions that sustain the impossible crime -- `Making' an aetiology -- Negotiating the male victim -- Creating conditions of possibility: the incitement to discourse - victims in waiting -- The confession as apparatus: producing FSA victimhood -- Surfacing female-perpetrated sex crimes -- pt. III Psychology and FSA victimhood -- 5.An emergent victimhood: implications for the psycho-political project -- The `confession': implications for the practice of psychology -- Psychological theory and research as instruments of reification.
- 9781138211087 hardback
9781315453613 electronic book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 21837328