Social media management : persuasion in networked culture / Ben Shields
- Shields, Ben Ryan
- New York : Oxford University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 286 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Machine generated contents note: -- Preface -- Chapter 1. Maximizing Business Value -- Social Media Equals Business Opportunity (And Not Just for Cats) -- What Is Social Media Management? -- Evolving from a Platform-Driven to a Goal-Centric Approach -- Setting Goals to Drive Value -- Social Media Management Framework -- What's Next? -- Platforms May Change, But The Industry Will Still Grow -- Your Turn: A Goal-Setting Exercise for Your School -- Chapter 2. Targeting Social Audiences -- Collecting Social Audience -- Segmenting Social Audiences Data -- Prioritizing Target Audiences -- Engaging Social Audiences -- It's Complicated -- Your Turn: Analyze Your Class -- Chapter 3. Adopting Social Platforms -- Renting or Buying in Social Media -- Conducting a Platform Audit -- Platform Fit Test -- Adopting Multiple Platforms -- Platform Analysis Never Stops -- Your Turn: Strategic Platform Choice -- Chapter 4. Developing Social Brand Strategy -- Why Brand Strategy in Social Media Matters -- Branding Social Media Presences -- Extending a Brand Personality -- Structuring a Social Media Portfolio -- Managing a Social Brand Portfolio -- The Cocktail Party -- Your Turn: Trader Joe's Social Brand Strategy -- Chapter 5. Designing Social Content -- Building Blocks of Social Content -- Tailoring Social Content to the Platform -- Social Content Development -- Creating and Evolving -- Your Turn: Represent Your Culture -- Chapter 6. Distributing Social Content -- Inventory Social Media Marketing Assets -- Decide on Social Media Marketing Campaigns -- Implement a Social Media Marketing Campaign -- Sample Social Media Campaign Grid -- Ready, Set, Go Viral -- Your Turn: Develop a Social Media Marketing Plan for Fidelity -- Chapter 7. Measuring Social Media Results -- Dimensionalizing the Business Value of Social Media -- Measuring Brand Value -- Measuring Revenue Value -- Measuring Operational Value -- Measuring Cultural Value -- Measuring Results Is Not Easy -- Your Turn: Devising a Measurement Plan for Sanergy -- Chapter 8. Managing Crisis in Social Media -- Crisis in Social Media -- Evaluating a Social Media Crisis -- Responding to a Social Media Crisis -- Executing Social Media Crisis Management -- Another Day, Another Potential Crisis -- Your Turn: Kashi Crisis Management -- Chapter 9. Building a Social Culture -- Social Media Use Within Organizations -- Trade-offs of Internal Social Media Use -- Internal Social Media Use in Action -- Key Success Factors -- The World's Best Boss -- Your Turn: Internal Social Media Strategy for Comcast Customer Service -- Chapter 10. Defining Your Personal Brand In Social Media -- Assume Everything You Post Is Public -- Social Media Management Framework Considerations -- Possible Strategic Directions -- Managing the Risks of a Social Media Presence -- Tips on Execution -- It's All About You -- Your Turn: Personal Social Media Audit -- Epilogue: Leadership in Data Privacy.
- "Social Media Management: Persuasion in Networked Culture is designed for graduate students taking courses in social media or digital media strategy. It will equip readers with the frameworks and tools to answer the "Now what?" question. Based on the author's extensive experience in the social media industry and his qualitative and quantitative research on best practices, this book will uncover the formula for social media success today and in the future. After reading this book, students will be prepared to maximize social media to accomplish their key objectives, whether it's to build a brand, increase sales, or create an organizational culture"--
"Social media technologies are not only changing the way we communicate, but also disrupting the business world. Social Media Management: Persuasion in Networked Culture equips readers with a coherent framework and the tools to answer the question: Now what? Based on the author's extensive experience as a social media practitioner, researcher, and educator, this book reveals the formula for social media success today and in the future. Clear and relevant framework: Offers a clear model for developing strategies to maximize the business value of social media. Written is an accessible style, highlighted by numerous visual examples of social media in practice. Addresses key topics in this evolving field, from targeting social audiences and developing a company's social brand strategy to managing crisis with social media and measuring social media results. A final chapter, "Defining Your Personal Brand in Social Media, " gives students and practitioners clear guidance on how to manage their own social media presence to best match their personal and professional brands. Diverse Examples and Cases: Incorporates numerous examples--from the chapter-opening vignettes, detailed in-chapter case studies, and shorter social snippets from a variety of people, industries, organizations, and disciplines--that highlight social media successes and challenges. "Your Turn" exercises: Includes "Your Turn" exercises at the end of each chapter that challenge students to apply what they've learned to a variety of business situations "--
- 9780190296339 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 21837349