Studies in corpus-based sociolinguistics / edited by Eric Friginal
- New York, NY : Routledge, 2018.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xv, 365 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Friginal, Eric
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Corpus Approaches to Sociolinguistics: Introduction and Chapter Overviews / Mackenzie Bristow -- pt. 1 Corpora and the Study of Languages/Dialects (Varieties of Global Englishes) -- 2.Using Large Online Corpora to Examine Lexical, Semantic and Cultural Variation in Different Dialects and Time Periods / Mark Davies -- 3.Using Corpus-Based Analysis to Study Register and Dialect Variation on the Searchable Web / Meixiu Zhang -- 4.Variation in Global English: A Collocation-Based Analysis / Tony Berber Sardinha -- 5.Indian English: A Pedagogical Model (Even) in India? / Chandrika Balasubramanian -- pt. 2 Corpora and Social Demographics -- 6.Sexuality / Paul Baker -- 7.A Corpus-Based Analysis of the Pragmatic Marker You Get Me / Sebastian Hoffmann -- 8.Just and Actually at Work in New Zealand / Bernadette Vine -- 9.Exploring the Intersection of Gender and Race in Evaluations of Mathematics Instructors on RateMyProfessors.com / Nicholas Close Subtirelu -- 10.Attitudes Toward Autism of Parents Raising Autistic Children: Evidence from "Mom" and "Dad" Blogs / Jack A. Hardy -- 11.Social Functional Linguistic Variation in Conversational Dutch / Dirk Geeraerts -- pt. 3 Corpora and Register Characteristics -- 12.Corpus-Driven Investigation of Corporate Governance Reports / Martin Warren -- 13.Corpus-Assisted Discourse Study of Representations of the "Underclass" in the English-Language Press: Who are they how do they behave, and who is to blame for them? / Alan Partington -- 14."Had Enough of Experts": Intersubjectivity and the Quoted Voice in Microblogging / Michele Zappavigna -- 15.Linguistic Variation in Facebook and Twitter posts / Ashley Titak.
- 9781138694613 hardcover, 1138694614 hardcover, 9781138694644 paperback, and 1138694649 paperback
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 21837473