Principles of medical physiology / Sabyasachi Sircar, MD.
- Sircar, Sabyasachi
- Delhi ; Stuttgart ; New York ; Rio : Thieme Medical Publishing Inc. : Thieme, 2016.
- 2nd edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- General physiology -- Nerve and muscle -- Blood and immune system -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Renal system -- Gastrointestinal system -- Nutrition and metabolism -- Endocrine system -- Reproductive system -- Central nervous system -- Special senses.
- This book provides a concise, concept-rich, and well-illustrated text of medical physiology. Written primarily for undergraduate medical students, the lucidity of the text should also appeal to a large section of health professionals. Key features of the book The four cornerstones of this book are utility, lucidity, brevity, and contextual relevance. The content of each chapter maps well onto a single easy-paced lecture. The key words and phrases in the text are emphasized for quick revision. The text is complemented by numerous simple diagrams that can be quickly comprehended. The relevant fundamentals of physics and chemistry are recapitulated in the early chapters. The complex anatomy of the brain is elucidated through three-dimensional schematic diagrams. Revision questions listed at the end of each chapter relate mostly to the how's and why's of physiological mechanisms.
- 9789382076643 (electronic bk.), 9382076646 (electronic bk.), 9789382076537, and 9382076530
View MARC record | catkey: 21838542