College bound : the pursuit of education in Jewish American literature, 1896-1944 / Dan Shiffman
- Shiffman, Dan, 1963-
- Albany, NY : State University of New York Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xxxix, 183 pages ; 24 cm.
- SUNY series in contemporary Jewish literature and culture
- Introduction: Success narratives? -- Chapter 1. The halo of higher learning in the work of Abraham Cahan -- Chapter 2. A reprieve at best: education in the writing of Mary Antin and Elizabeth G. Stern -- Chapter 3. Anzia Yezierska's frustrated pursuit of education -- Chapter 4. M. E. Ravage, Ludwig Lewisohn and Lionel Trilling: education at the 'Real American' University -- Chapter 5. The hidden curriculum in Leo Rosten's H*Y*M*A*N*K*A*P*L*A*N stories -- Epilogue: A space apart.
- 9781438467238 hardcover alkaline paper
1438467230 hardcover alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 21840810