Legal research illustrated / by Steven M. Barkan, V oss Bascom Professor of Law, Director of the Law Library, University of Wisconsin Law School ; Barbara A. Bintliff, Joseph C. Hutcheson Professor in Law, Director, Tarlton Law Library and Jamail Center for Legal Research, the University of Texas at Austin School of Law ; Mary Whisner, Reference Librarian, University of Washington Shcool of Law
- University treatise series
- Glossary / David McClure -- An introduction to legal research -- The legal research process / Susan Nevelow Mart -- Communicating research results through writing / Mary A. Hotchkiss -- Court reports and the national reporter system -- Federal court reports -- State court reports -- Digests for court reports -- Constitutional law and the Supreme Court of the United States -- Federal legislation / Jane Thompson -- Federal legislative histories and legislative materials / Jane Thompson -- State and municipal legislation / Bonnie Shucha -- Court rules and procedures -- Administrative law / Keith Ann Stiverson -- Topical services -- Citators / Jeanne F. Price -- Legal encyclopedias / Melissa J. Bernstein -- American Law Reports (A.L.R.) / Melissa J. Bernstein -- Legal periodicals and indexes / Bonnie Shucha -- Treatises, restatements, uniform laws, and model acts / Melissa J. Bernstein -- Practice materials and other resources / Jane O'Connell -- Public international law / Jonathan Pratter -- Electronic legal research / George H. Pike -- Legal citation form / Pat Newcombe -- Appendix A. State guides to legal research / Bonnie Shucha -- Appendix B. State reports -- Appendix C. Coverage of the national reporter system.
- 9781609300555 and 1609300556
- "Legal Research Illustrated is an abridgement of Fundamentals of Legal Research."--Preface.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 21841328