The legalist reformation : law, politics, and ideology in New York, 1920-1980 / William E. Nelson
- Nelson, William Edward, 1940-
- Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 457 pages ; 25 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Studies in legal history
- 1922 -- The conservative agenda -- The reform agenda -- Conservatives versus reformer -- 1938 -- Gradual assimilation as a constitutional mechanism for ending inequality -- Gradual assimilation as an economic mechanism for ending inequality -- The prevention of injury -- Liberty and sexuality -- Liberty and the family -- The growth of distrust -- 1968 -- Gender equity -- Equality for underdogs -- Bureaucracy --Enterprise and efficiency.
- 0807825913 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -441) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2186298