The Optical properties of materials : symposium held November 30-December 2, 1999, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A. / editors, Eric L. Shirley [and others].
- Warrendale, Pa. : Materials Research Society, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 302 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Shirley, Eric L.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Materials Research Society symposium proceedings, 02729172 ; v. 579
- First-principle study of optical excitations in alpha quartz / Eric K. Chang, Michael Rohlfing, and Steven G. Louie -- Ab initio calculations of response properties including the electron-hole interaction / Valerio Olevano, Stefan Albrecht, and Lucia Reinning -- The electron-hole interaction and linear optical constants / L.X. Benedict -- First principles calculations of the hot electron lifetime in simple and noble metals / I. Campillo...[et al.] -- Excitons in low-dimensional systes : Conjugated polymers and semicondutor surfaces / Michael Rohlfing -- Optical properties of Ci(110) surfaces / Patrizia Manachesi...[et. al.] -- Nonlocal polarization and the ab initio calculaton of surface optical properties of GaAs (110) / C.M.J. Wijers and P.L. De Boeij -- Excitation spectra in the time-dependent density-functional theory with gradient correction / Naoto Umezawa and Susan Saito -- Optical properites of silicon nanocrystals : A first principles study / Serdar Ogut, James Chelikowsky and Steven G. Louie -- Optical absorption and electronic excitations in hydrogenated silicon clusters / Ignor Vasiley, Serdar Ogut, and James R. Chelikowsky -- Local basis GW calculations and the dielectric response of Si and C clusters / Ming Yu, Sergio E. Ulloa, and Sang H. Yang -- The influence of 5- and 6- atom rings on the optical properties of amorphous silicon nitride : A cluster simulation / R.M. Vallardares...[et al.] -- Time-dependent exicton correlations in nanoscale quantum dot / Lars Jonsson, Roger Sakhel, and John W. Wilkins -- Correlated magnetoexitons in semiconductor quantum dots at finite temperature / D.J. Dean, M.R. Strayer, and J.C. Wells -- Computation of optical properties for quantized electronic systems / V.L. Jacobs -- Electronic slates of self-assembled quantum dots : Symmetries in a quantum lens / Arezky H. Rodriquez...[et al.] -- First-principles claculations of nonlinear optical response functions in semiconductors / Sergey N. Rashkeev and Walter R.I. Lambrecht -- Response of semiconductors and fullerenes to ultrashort and ultra-intense laser pulses / Traian Dumitrica, Benn Torralua, and Roland E. Allen -- Predicting non-linear optical properties of delocalized charge states in polyenylic chromophores and dendrimers / C. Dirk...[et al.] -- Theoretical investigation of the second and third order nonlinear optical properties of some fused heterocyclic aromatic compounds / Mamou M. Bader -- Recent advances in ab initio time-dependent Havtree-Fock theory and their applications to predict nonlinear optical properties, of semiconductor nanoclusters / Shashi P. Karna and Prakashan P. Korambath -- Critical microscopic processes in semicondutor lasers / Mark S. Hybertsen...[et al.].
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 2191165