Parties, politics, and democracy in the new Southern Europe / edited by P. Nikiforos Diamandouros and Richard Gunther
- Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 471 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Diamandouros, Nikiforos P., Gunther, Richard, Social Science Research Council (U.S.). Subcommittee on the Nature and Consequences of Democracy in the New Southern Europe, and American Council of Learned Societies
Full Text available online
- The new Southern Europe
- Democracy, Southern European style / Thomas C. Bruneau ... [et al.] -- The anchors of partisanship: a comparative analysis of voting behavior in four Southern European democracies / Richard Gunther and José R. Montero -- Antipathy politics and the restructuring of the Italian party system / Giacomo Sani and Paolo Segatti -- The new campaign politics in Southern Europe / Gianfranco Pasquino -- In search of the center: conservative politics, electoral competition, and political legitimacy in Southern Europe's new democracies / Takis S. Pappas -- Mobilizers and late modernizers: socialist parties in the new Southern Europe / Hans-Jürgen Puhle -- Four actors in search of a role: the Southern European communist parties / Anna Bosco, in collaboration with Carlos Gaspar -- Appendix: percentages of popular votes, number of parliamentary seats, and percentages of parliamentary seats of major parties in national elections in Greece, Italy, Portugal, and Spain.
- 0801865174 (alk. paper) and 0801865182 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- "Sponsored by the Subcommittee on the Nature and Consequences of Democracy in the New Southern Europe of the Joint Committee on Western Europe (1975-96) of the American Council of Learned Societies and the Social Science Research Council"--T.p. verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 427-456) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2191235