444 days [videorecording] / an Antelope production in association with the History Channel, BBC, and International télé images ; executive producer for the History Channel, Charlie Maday ; executive producer for BBC, Nick Fraser ; executive producer for International télé images, Marie-France Han ; producer, Mick Csaky ; written & directed by Leslie Woodhead
- Additional Titles:
- Four hundred and forty-four days
Four hundred forty-four days
Subtitle on container: Iran hostage crisis
- Princeton, N.J. : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videocassette (104 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 1/2 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Maday, Charlie
Fraser, Nicholas, 1948-
Woodhead, Leslie, 1937-
Antelope Films, Ltd
History Channel (Television network)
British Broadcasting Corporation
International télé images
Films for the Humanities (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English and Arabic with English subtitles.
- "Drawing on archival footage--including previously unreleased film from Iran--and candid interviews with the American hostages and their Iranian captors, this riveting program presents a balanced look at the harrowing details of the 14-month standoff that brought radical Islam to world prominence and forever altered America's attitude towards the Middle East. Additional interviews with religious leaders, top-level politicians, military personnel, and others flesh out a story of uncertainty, frustration, and hardship for all involved, which was only resolved with the belated release of the hostages in 1981"--Container.
Originally produced for television in 1998.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Camera, Mike Shrimpton, Peter Nelson ; editor, Sally Hilton ; on-line editor, Tom Jones ; music, Nainita Desai & Malcolm Laws.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 2198589