Constituting workers, protecting women : gender, law, and labor in the progressive era and New Deal years / Julie Novkov
- Novkov, Julie, 1966-
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 320 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Full Text available online
- Rethinking the constitutional crisis of the 1930s : the forgotten doctrinal roots of the modern welfare state -- Generalized balancing : early struggles over protective labor legislation -- Specific balancing : regulating labor and laborers -- Laborer-centered analysis : the ascendancy of women's legislation -- Gendered rebalancing : minimum wages and the battle over equality -- Reflecting on gender, due process, and constitutional development.
- 0472111981 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 277-296) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2200854